Our Approach to Covid
Here at Rising Stars Romford we do everything we can in our setting to keep children, staff and parents safe from Covid-19. Our approach to Covid-19 is detailed below, but please feel free to contact us if you have any specific questions.
Our Approach to Access
- Parents do not access the building to minimize the number of people accessing the nursery.
- Visitors to the site are strictly limited and controlled and any such visits usually take place out of hours when possible.
Our Approach to Nursery
- A house keeper has been employed specifically to keep the nursery clean
- Children are organised into small groups within the setting. These small groups or ‘bubbles’ will not mix during the day.
- Staff work in strict bubbles at all times including during breaks – to avoid cross contamination between staff.
- Some activities and toys have been changed to avoid certain transmissible products being used.
- Specific controls are in place if anyone displays coronavirus symptoms to protect those around them and to keep individuals safe.
- Additional signage is in place to encourage adherence to best practice.
- We encourage ventilation by keeping windows open whenever possible.
- Extensive staff training is provided on all aspects of managing Covid19 in the workplace.
- Outdoor spaces are used by different bubbles at different times of the day and cleaning takes place after each visit.
- Staff have been trained on infection control as well as the government standard operating procedures and applicable risk assessments.
Our Approach to Sanitisation
- Sanitiser is provided at all entrances and throughout the building.
- Specialist cleaning products are used which protect against Covid-19. The product kills 99.99% of all viruses including Covid19 and bacteria.
- Stainless steel commercial kitchens used at all sites to promote high standards of hygiene.
- Staff and children wash their hands more regularly and children are given support to ensure this is done properly.
- There is increased cleaning taking place and all touch points throughout the building are cleaned many times each day.
- We promote good respiratory hygiene using the catch it, bin it, kill it approach
- All bedding and many other materials are laundered on a daily basis.
Together we can continue to allow our children to flourish, while keeping everyone involved with our setting as safe as possible.